Applying for a Library Card
- All Ohio residents are eligible to get a Library card.
- There is no age requirement to become a Library cardholder.
- Individuals under 18 years old must have an accompanying adult sign the library card application taking responsibility for the account in order to receive a library card. The adult must have a valid photo ID and proof of current address (if different from ID). Youth Library Card Application
- Individuals ages 18 years old or older must have a valid photo ID and proof of current address (if different from ID) to apply for a library card. Adult Library Card Application
For information on acceptable forms of identification contact the Circulation Department: 330-296-2827 x.400
- Request, borrow and return materials to any public library in Portage County.
- Request items from almost any library in Ohio with SearchOhio (state-wide interlibrary loan service) and OhioLINK (universities).
- Access your library record online 24/7.
- Place hold and renew items online 24/7.
- Sign up to receive emails of upcoming library programs.
- Place holds and view materials recently purchased by Reed Memorial Library.
- Download free e-books and audiobooks from our online digital library.
- Materials are renewable two times if there are no holds on them.
- Books, audio materials, puppets, games, puzzles and magazines: 14 days
- Cake pans and DVDs: 7 days
- Renew: Online, by phone (330-296-2827 x400), or in person.
- Children may only check out movies labeled for children. They may not checkout adult movies using a parent's card unless the parent is present.
- Vacation loans and teacher cards are available.
- You are responsible for all items checked out on your card.
- Fines for overdue items:
- Adults, teens, children: $.10/day/item
- Senior Citizens (60+) exempt from the $.10/day. All other fees apply.
- Additional fee of $.55 is assessed when you receive a mailing for items 2 weeks past due.
- SearchOhio/OhioLINK fines: $.50/day/item
- SearchOhio replacement fee: $25.00/item
- OhioLINK replacement fee: $25.00/item
Loan periods and fines vary on items not owned by Reed Memorial Library
Click Here for our complete circulation policy.