A better catalog. A better user experience. A better library!
Reed Memorial Library and the other Portage County libraries are getting a new catalog and circulation system which will go live on Thursday, August 31.
This new system will provide:
· Ability to renew materials by phone 24x7
· An updated catalog that adds records for digital materials including eBooks and eAudiobooks
· The ability to opt in to save your checkout history
· Improved search options that support faceted searching
· An annual cost savings for Portage County libraries of 35% over the current system
· The ability to send information from our catalog to your phone through a text message
Attention SearchOhio and OhioLINK users:
We will experience a temporary suspension in the SearchOhio and OhioLINK services starting Friday, July 7, at 5pm.
During this time, we will be unable to:
· Place holds on materials through the SearchOhio or OhioLINK systems
· Renew items borrowed through these systems
We hope to have this service reinstated by the end of this year. Patrons may continue to borrow materials from within the county (from Kent Free and PCDL).
Need an item from outside of the Portage County Consortium? These are the closest libraries to check. Their distance and direction from Ravenna, and services offered, are listed below.
To request items from these libraries, you will need to visit that location and apply for a library card through them. Bring a valid form of ID and proof of current address. Materials checked out must be returned to that location.
SearchOhio and OhioLINK Libraries:
Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library 11 miles, West.
Tallmadge Branch, Akron Public Library 14 miles, West.
Mogadore Branch, Akron Public Library 16 miles, West.
Rodman Public Library 20 miles, South. No OhioLINK
Kent State University Library 7 miles, West. KentLINK and OhioLINK