What are SearchOhio and OhioLINK?
If you cannot find what you need in our library catalog, you may request items from other libraries across the State of Ohio through SearchOhio and OhioLINK.
- SearchOhio is a consortium of public libraries across Ohio. Use SearchOhio to request books, music, movies, and other entertainment.
- OhioLINK is a consortium of Ohio college and university libraries. Use OhioLINK to request academic resources, textbooks, or special materials.
How long can I keep the items?
Generally, SearchOhio and OhioLINK print items, audiobooks, and music are checked out for 21 days and DVDs are checked out for 7 days. The loan period for items is determined by the owning library.
Do I have to pay to borrow items?
This is a free service brought to Portage County residents by the Portage Library Consortium. Overdue fines are 50¢ per day, per item. A non-negotiable replacement fee of $25 will be billed for any SearchOhio and/or OhioLINK item that isn't returned within 30 days of the due date. Fines and charges cannot be negotiated and there are no exemptions. To avoid charges, renew and return materials on time.
How long does it take to receive my requests?
Available items generally take about 7 business days. Items requested on weekends will generally take 10 business days. You will be notified that the item is ready for pickup in the same way you are currently notified, via email, phone call or text message. Your items will remain on hold for five days.
How do I renew items?
You MUST call the library to renew your items or renew them in-person during a visit to a library. SearchOhio and/or OhioLINK items CANNOT be renewed online. Call Circulation at 330-296-2827 x400 to renew.
How do I return my items?
Return your items at any Portage County library. The library will send them back to the owning library system. Do not remove stickers on the items borrowed from SearchOhio or OhioLINK as these labels help us return the items to the owning library.
What else do I need to know?
- Fines and fees on your library card must be $10.00 or under to checkout or renew items..
- The title you are searching must not be currently available at any libraries in the Portage Library Consortium.
- SearchOhio or OhioLINK titles must be marked “available” in the SearchOhio catalog. You are unable to put holds on items checked out in other library systems.
What if I have questions or experience any problems? Please contact staff with any questions or problems that you may have with your SearchOhio and/or OhioLINK request.