The library has always been favored as a beneficiary of gifts. Since additions to the library's resources assist in carrying out the library's purpose, they are always encouraged and welcome.
GUIDELINES FOR DONATIONS TO THE FRIENDS OF REED MEMORIAL LIBRARY
- Acceptable donations:
- Hard cover fiction and non-fiction
- Children’s books
- VHS and DVDs
- We cannot accept:
- Home recorded VHS or cassette tapes
- Organizational pamphlets (business, religious, political, etc.)
- Textbooks more than two (2) years old
- If you have more than four (4) boxes of books to donate, please call 330-858-3818 to set up a date and time to drop them off. Library staff is not available to help carry boxes into the library and their space is limited.
- We can no longer pick up books at your residence -- insurance rules prohibit it.
- We cannot accept donations three (3) weeks before the spring and fall book sales.
- You may put books that do not meet our criteria into the recycle bin behind the library -- this will still generate funds for the library.
- Please make sure your containers/bags are clean and do not have personal items that you do not intend to donate.
You may drop off your donations at the Circulation desk.