REED MEMORIAL LIBRARY
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
FACILITIES CONDITION AND SPACE UTILIZATION ASSESSMENT
The Reed Memorial Library seeks to identify and consider qualified consultants to conduct a Facilities Condition and Space Utilization Assessment in order to create a comprehensive building maintenance and improvement plan that addresses current and future community needs. Firms interested in being considered should reply with a Statement of Qualifications no later than 12:00 p.m. on June 29, 2018. Statements received after the deadline will not be considered.
Statements of Qualifications should be transmitted to Patricia Bertsch, Fiscal Officer, Reed Memorial Library, 167 East Main St., Ravenna, OH 44266. Statements should include information regarding the firm’s history, education and experience of owners and key technical personnel who will be assigned to the project, the technical expertise of the firm’s current staff, the firm’s experience in designing similar projects, the firm’s equipment and facilities, the firm’s proximity to the project’s location, and any previous work performed for public libraries or other governmental entities in the State of Ohio.
The Library has one 35,000 square foot building. The original structure was built in 1924. Renovations and additions took place in 1956, 1979, and 2006. The Library desires to acquire the services of a firm with a demonstrated record of experience and performance in facilities condition and space utilization assessments, whose work has seen implementation in libraries or other government facilities. The scope of services will include at least the following tasks:
- Evaluate the existing condition of building systems, including structural, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, etc. Evaluation criteria shall include present condition, age, effectiveness, efficiency, safety, code compliance as per year constructed, spare capacity and availability of spare parts. Identify areas that need short- and long-term attention.
- Identify space needs for collections, seating, staff offices, technology, meeting rooms, special purposes, work areas, office space, and ability to visually supervise library operations.
- Explore and propose options for an outdoor mixed-use programming space.
- Based on information gathered, provide and prioritize recommendations for addressing current and future facilities and space needs.
Responding firms will be evaluated and ranked in order of their qualifications. Following this evaluation, Reed Memorial Library will finalize the scope of services and enter into contract negotiations with the most highly ranked firm, based on the above criteria for this project.
The criteria that Library will use in evaluating the proposals will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Qualifications of key personnel assigned to the project
- Similar project history
- Current workload and ability to meet the time schedule
- Demonstration of a thorough understanding of the project
- Quality of proposal and presentation
Reed Memorial Library will evaluate submissions and reserves the right to interview selected Firms as deemed appropriate, to award one or both components to a firm or to not pursue one or both assessments. Confirmation of a presentation schedule and additional information will be provided to short list firms at a later date. Following this evaluation, Reed Memorial Library will finalize the scope of services and enter into contract negotiations with the most highly ranked firm, based on the above criteria for this project.