If you are interested in volunteering at Reed Memorial Library, please read the documents below for position descriptions and our volunteer code of conduct. If you would like to apply for a volunteer position, print and complete an application, return it to our public service desk, or email your completed application to our Adult Services Manager.
Volunteers in this capacity shelf read materials to help maintain order of library materials.
- restore out-of-order items and search for items thought to be missing.
- perform additional duties and assignments as requested.
- typically 2-4 hours/week in 1 or 2 shifts
Student Volunteers help keep the library running smoothly while learning about the library and earning volunteer hours.
Children's Program Volunteer (6-week commitment, age 13+)
- prepare materials for craft portion of Storytime and programs
- help with set up and cleanup of Children’s programs
- take photos during the program using RML’s camera
Children's Volunteer (4-week commitment, 10-18 yrs.)
- straighten shelves
- help with children’s programs
- sign up summer reading members
- various other housekeeping duties
Volunteer Code of Conduct
Adult Volunteer Application
Student Volunteer Application